Denham Village Memorial Hall, Village Road, Denham Village, Bucks, UB9 5BN
01753 650114 email@example.com Reg. Charity No. 202124
DENHAM MEMORIAL HALL
REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 202124
Terms and Conditions of Hire
Denham Memorial Hall (otherwise known as the Denham Village Memorial Hall Trust (“the Trust”)) is a registered charity. It is not a commercial profit making organisation. The main aim of the charity is to provide a facility for the local Denham community and the surrounding area where meetings, social events etc can be held. The Trust reserves the right to refuse to accept a booking if the Trust deems that the proposed event is not beneficial to the local community or in keeping with the aim of the Trust.
How to hire the Hall
1. The Main Hall and/or the May Coles Room (together and severally “the Hall”) can only be hired by a person over 21 years of age (“the Hirer”). The Hall is booked via a standard booking form.
2. The deposit is payable simultaneously with the booking and please note that the deposit will be lodged to the Trust’s bank account. The booking fee for hiring the Hall is due one calendar month before the proposed date of hire and the booking is treated as provisional until the deposit has been paid. In the event of non-
3. A discount is available for a Hirer who is a registered charity or a resident of Denham. Proof of charitable status and/or residence in Denham must be provided to claim this discount.
4. In the event of the cancellation of the booking of the Hall by the Hirer following the payment of the deposit and booking fee, any fee paid will only be refunded if the Trust secures a substitute booking and only to the extent that the substitute booking covers the original booking fee and deposit.
5. The Trust reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking. In the event of any such cancellation, the Trust shall refund all monies paid or may offer an alternative date. In such circumstances, the Trust shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the Hirer over and above the monies paid directly to the Trust.
6. The Hall may only be used during the hours stipulated and agreed in the booking form and the Hall must be vacated immediately on termination of the agreed time. In the event that the Hall has not been vacated at the end of the agreed time, the Trust will charge an additional levy and the Trust reserves the right to deduct this levy from the deposit paid.
7. The Hirer agrees to use the Hall in accordance with the South Bucks District Council licence.
8. The fees for hiring the Hall whether for regular hires, occasional hire or a one off event are as agreed and set out on the booking form. The rates of hire are reviewed annually on 31 March. Bookings made before 31 March for events taking place after that date will be charged at the pre 31 March rate.
10. In the event that the Hirer has any concern about the condition of the Hall he must advise the Trust (via any one or more of its officers) within one hour from the pre-
Indemnities, Insurance, Licences and Liability
11. The Hirer is responsible for the event that takes place at the Hall and must remain on the premises throughout the duration of the booking.
12. The Hirer must adhere to health and safety considerations for the event and in particular (but not exclusively) must consider the care of children and minors attending the event to ensure that there is suitable supervision of children and minors during the event including arrival and departure from the Hall and their presence in the Hall and the grounds of the Hall.
13. The Trust and none of its officers, trustees or committee members shall be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused as a direct or indirect result of the hiring or use of the Hall or its grounds.
14. The Hirer shall indemnify the Trust, its trustees, officers and committee members against any claim that may arise out of the hiring of the Hall in respect of any loss, injury or damage to persons, property or otherwise.
15. The Trust does not accept any responsibility or liability for damage to any vehicle or contents left in vehicles parked in the Hall’s car park or grounds.
16. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining any licences in connection with the booking of the Hall. In particular, but not exclusively, no intoxicating liquor may be sold in the Hall or its grounds unless the Hirer has obtained the appropriate licence for the period of the Hire and has obtained the prior written consent of the Trust. The Hirer must provide the Trust with a copy of the licence and must adhere to any conditions of the licence at all times.
17. The Hirer must arrange for the payment and/or reimbursement to the Trust of any charges arising from the use of the Hall in respect of performing rights or copyright.
18. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to carry out an appropriate risk assessment in respect of the event and in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
19. In accordance with Section 11 of the Children Act 2004 and The Care Act 2014 if an organisation or group is hiring the venue has a junior membership (under the age of 18) they must supply a copy of their Child Protection Policy.
Use of the Hall
20. The Hall is a non-
21. Fire exits must not be blocked under any circumstances
22. All fire doors must be kept closed
23. Only equipment that has been electrically tested and bears the appropriate safety label on the plug/wire can be used in the Hall.
24. Temporary decorations may only be affixed to the timber railing at 2 metres from the floor. Drawing pins or blue tack (or similar) may be used. The use of sellotape is forbidden.
25. All heating and lighting should be switched off when not required or not in use
26. The kitchen facilities are provided for catering purposes and all food preparation must be confined to the kitchen area.
27. The positioning of beer kegs and similar must be discussed with the Trust prior to the event.
Vacation of the Hall
28. The Hall must be left in a clean and tidy condition and the deposit paid will only be refunded in full 14 days after the booking if the Trust is satisfied that the Hall has been left in a clean and tidy condition and has been vacated at the agreed time.
29. All rubbish must be removed from the Hall at the end of the booking and disposed of by the Hirer. In the event that this condition is not adhered to and the Trust has to arrange the disposal of excess rubbish or waste, the costs incurred in relation to such disposal will be deducted from the deposit. If the costs exceed the deposit the Hirer will be responsible for the balance.
30. Glassware, paper and other recyclables should be removed for recycling.
31. Checklist on vacation of the Hall. Breach of one or more of the following may result in a deduction from the deposit.
All furniture must be returned to the correct storage area and must be stored away properly and in accordance with the instructions
The heating and lighting must be switched off
All temporary decorations (including balloons) must be removed
The floors must be swept and the Hall left clean and tidy
Rubbish must be removed by the Hirer
All doors and windows must be locked and the Hall must be made secure
The car park gates must be locked
The keys must be returned as directed.
1. For the avoidance of doubt, regular hirers are bound by the above terms and conditions.
2. Regular hirers must only use the Hall during the pre-
3. Regular Hirers must pay for their hires on receipt of their monthly invoice. All hires must be paid for in advance.
4. A refund or carry forward of hire costs will be permitted for regular hirers if 14 days notice of cancellation of a booking is provided.
5. Regular hirers are responsible for the keys to the Hall provided and must not release the keys to any unauthorised person without the prior written consent of the Trust.
6. In the event of loss of keys, the Hirer concerned will be responsible for the cost of replacement.
7. Each regular hirer will be issued with a log to complete to confirm that the check out procedure has been followed and the Hall made secure upon departure. This log must be completed, signed, dated and retained until requested by the Trust.
Denham Memorial Hall